Sunday 5 February 2017

Happiness is a Sunday.



Sometimes I have weeks where lots of little things happen that bring me down little by little, where everything adds up and I just don't feel ready to face the world and it's these times that I feel the best thing I can do is take a little bit of time to think about the little things that lift me up. These post's are actually some of my favourites to write up as the always put me in a positive place to face the week even if no amount of coffee will ever make me ready to face a Monday Morning.


- It's bittersweet but one of the closest friends I've made here in France made the difficult but ultimately right for her, decision to go back to England and so whilst I miss her like crazy it's made me appreciate all the people I have met and the friends I've made here, I very rarely have to eat Lunch alone (and If I do it's not long before someone finds me) which I'm okay with doing anyway but it's so lovely to know that people are there for me when I need them and vice versa.
- That being said I'm also very excited that soon I might be able to take a very short trip home to see Jon, Mama C and hopefully as many as my friends and family that I can squeeze in. I'm enjoying it here but I do miss the people at home and I'm not ashamed to admit I will definitely cry when I leave them again.
-I've also been able to make my tiny little flat a little more cosy with little bit's and bob's that just make it feel less like a box and more like a home. But you also know you're an adult when you get excited about new bedding, a washing basket and a trip to Ikea (but I defy anyone not to have a great time at Ikea!)
-I also got very excited when I found that syrups for my coffee are so much cheaper here which means that I can start every day with a caramel coffee in my travel cup which makes an early start that little bit easier to bear. Again these things just get more exciting as you get older, you don't want to see how excited I got when I found Caramel Waffles, it was not pretty.
-I finally treated myself to a few new beauty products and why I waited so long to try some of them I do not know but it does mean I'll have lots of choice when it comes to writing up my beauty favourites post's and if anyone has any other recommendations then let me know.
-Although I do get to spend a lot of time out and about it's also been so nice to have time by myself, get back into reading books on my breaks at work and also have time to catch up on my favourite blogs and Instagram feed's because I don't know about anyone else but I can spend hours looking at gorgeous photo's and reading the words of some of the inspiring bloggers out there.
-I'm still attempting to learn French and though some people aren't very kind I've been lucky enough to meet quite a few people that are happy to help me learn and have a lot of time to teach me new phrases and correct grammar which is so lovely of them.
-Finally It's a privilege to live so close to Paris and I'm looking forward to being able to explore it more and find some of the hidden gems the city has to offer so again, any recommendations are very,very welcome.

So that's about it from me for now but I'd love to hear about all of the little positive moment's in your lives so don't hesitate to leave a comment.

Love
Rosalie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every one of your lovely comments, Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message and I will always try and reply to you :) x