Monday 25 November 2013

My Mac Lipstick Collection

This post has been a long time coming after I've seen them popping up here, there and everywhere, I attempted to try not to jump on the bandwagon but I caved, I need to share my love of Mac with all of you. After months of trying to convince myself that I don't have a lipstick buying problem, It really hit me that I do when I was struggling to fit all of my Mac Lipsticks onto one photo and they don't even make up a quarter of my lip product collection, I think It's safe to say I have a problem.


Ruby Woo - This is one of the newer shades in my collection and I was lucky enough to win it in a giveway from the lovely Sade - Go and check out her blog, you'll love it - and I'm very happy I did. It's a gorgeous bright red that is very matte so I find it's best to wear a lipbalm underneath, I tend to pair it with my eight hour cream, I give it a little time to sink in before I apply Ruby Woo but it gives me the best application as it can be a little drying but it really is a great colour for when you feel like standing out.

Russian Red - This is my go to red all year round, I'm so addicted to it that when my second tube got stolen along with my makeup bag I had to go and buy a new one straight away before anyone else as I had an audition coming up and I couldn't possibly go without it (silly I know but we all have our rituals.) It's another matte but it's not quite as dry as ruby woo, it has more of a velvety texture which means it's harder to keep on the lips but it is such a lovely deep red shade, really lovely in Winter.

Lady Danger - I've actually come to the realisation that I own more red lipsticks than any other colour so I'm using that as an excuse to why this doesn't get used that often as I don't actually know the real reason. Lady Danger is a bright orange toned red that I absolutely love in the summertime, It's probably the brightest colour I own and is only for the days when I'm feeling particularly brave (and I think we just found our reason as to why it's not used.)

Viva Glam Cyndi Lauper - I've had this lipstick for a long time (probably longer than your supposed to keep them) and it makes me sad that it's now discontinued as it's such a gorgeous colour. It's a muted pink toned red and I also have the matching gloss that is slightly more pigmented. It has a gorgeous creamy finish and is so easy to wear if I want a little bit of a bold lip but I don't want to fully commit.

Girl About Town - This one I have a little soft spot for, I've never had so many compliments on a lipstick (or been told that I look like one of Little Mix) as I've had when wearing this, everyone seems to love it and It does make a great alternative to a red lip. It's a bright blue toned pink with an amplified finish which means it's insanely pigmented, not one for the faint hearted but it does make me feel happy when I wear it and I don't really know why.

 (let's pretend I didn't get the order in the second photo back to front shall we...)

Hue - This is the colour I tend to use the least, not because I don't love it but purely because it melted and snapped in the summer and using it is a bit of a pain, I have to faff about with a lip brush and I just don't have the time for that. I do the colour, it's quite a nude toned light pink and it has a lovely finish, the glaze finishes are my second favourite next to Cremesheen's but it can look a bit strange when my skin is quite pale r.e most of the time so I would say it's better for those who have a tan.

Creme Cup - This was my first ever lipstick purchase and to be honest I mainly keep in for sentimental value as It just doesn't suit me. It's kind of like a more blue toned version of hue which means it can look a little bit Barbie on me which is not a look that I go for (If you do like that kind of look then you really should try this one out) I preferred this on me when I had dark haired. I do love the finish as I don't think you can beat Cremesheens in that department to be honest and it does have good staying power.

Peach Blossom - I didn't buy this all that long ago and I actually picked it up on a whim when I wanted Blankety and it was out of stock but it has become my most used lipstick next to Russian Red. It's a lovely peachy pink which for me is the perfect daytime shade, one of those and I dread to say it 'my lips but better' colours that adds a little something to your makeup without taking it too far. The finish is great Cremesheen is a winner once again) and it lasts for a good few hours and as it's such a subtle shade it's very easy to reapply even without a mirror.

Shy Girl -  This is my latest purchase and I love it almost as much as Peach Blossom but not quite. It's also a pinky peach colour but leans a lot more to the peach side and toes the line between being a lovely nude shade and being too matchy matchy with my face, I find it works best for me if I have a slight (fake) tan. Again Cremesheen finish, Love it.

Vegas Volt - This is probably the most unique colour in my whole collection, including my non Mac lipsticks as I don't tend to go for orange shades but this has a slightly neon quality and looks amazing with a tan in summer so I just had to buy it. As I am pale as a milk bottle I tend not to wear it all that often but once I have bothered to fake tan I love taking this on nights out with me. Like Girl about Town it has an amplified finish which means this little one is bright so if you love a bold lip with a twist then give this one a try.

Do you own any mac lipsticks? What's you favourite? Let me know if you've written a post like this as I love to read them.

7 comments:

  1. What a great collection you have - I only have 2 MAC lipsticks at the moment, but I have a list of probably 20 shades I want to try :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own around 14 mac lipsticks and funnily not one we have are the same lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great collection! I have Vegas Volt too, totally agree that it looks best in summer :) I'm intrigued by Peach Blossom though! I've never really heard much about it before! Aimée Xx

    dress-it-up-6.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah so jealous, i want all of these! great post :)
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. my favourite one from mac is "japanese maple"

    xx Vivi
    http://frostedpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooooooooh your red lipsticks collection is making me weeeeeeep!! I'm like drooling Rosalie, what have you done to me haha?!
    Lady Danger uuffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!

    Holly Mixtures
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek, such pretty photos! <3 I have just two MAC lippies, Plumful & Rebel, but I love them to bits. Also have Creme Cup but it melted and looks terrible on me. :( x

    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your lovely comments, Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message and I will always try and reply to you :) x