Wednesday 3 April 2013

When In Rome



























These past few weeks have been crazy busy for me which Is why I haven't been posting that much. However Jon being the amazing boyfriend that he is, whisked me away from my constant stressing out and rushing around for a weekend away in Rome to celebrate my 21st. It was the relaxing break I didn't even realise I needed and we spent our weekend doing the touristy things, eating our body weights in pizza pasta and ice cream and plenty of napping (Which was definitely needed after our visit to the vatican, we thought we'd be healthy and take the steps and it was a bad idea as all I'm going to say is 581 steps up and 581 steps down. We also saw the Trevi Fountain and the Coliseum all whilst walking around in sunglasses and eating ice cream (not that I'm trying to make anyone jealous but I definitely appreciated it as I'm the coldest person ever.) The amazing thing about rome is that you can walk five minutes and go from shopping at sephora on a busy modern street and then see these amazing feats of roman architecture and nothing seems out of place. (I admit I geeked out a little bit at the coliseum, I'm a bit of a history channel fan.) The hotel was a little bit too far out of the centre for our liking but the room was lovely and it did mean that we spent all of our days out and about making the most of Rome. And the Pizza, too much pizza.

We had an amazing time and I hope you guys enjoyed the pictures, Have you got a holiday booked this year?
xx

4 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to go to Rome! Seriously jealous :) I love how there's so much history. Looks like you had a great time :) and that pizza.... Yum!!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's stupidly expensive but it's so worth it even just for the food aha :) x

      Delete
  2. Love your blog! New follower here!

    http://crudessence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every one of your lovely comments, Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message and I will always try and reply to you :) x