Tuesday 5 March 2013

Highlights from LFW

I know this is a little late as were now into Paris Fashion week but my favourites from there and Milan will be on their way soon I've just been a little bit Ill and just didn't feel like looking theough pictures of beautiful people whilst I looked like a zombie. I loved LFW as I feel as though here in Britain we have such varied shows, There doesn't seem to be that many trends as every designer just does their own thing. Hopefully one day I'll get to go to a few shows but until then It's lovely to sit back with a cup of tea and flick through all of the catwalk pictures. Here's my pick of my favourite shows and individual looks.

Burberry Prorsum
I love the way that Burberry re-invents it's classic trench year after year, especially the studded version they sent down the catwalk this year. Along with the gorgeous trench coats the rest of the looks had a feminine elegance with a bit of an edge with bodycon silhouettes and an contrast between leather elements and simple fabrics, I particularly love the third look as although it's a pencil skirt, they've managed to put a new spin on a classic with the leather and metal details. They also had great accesories with kitten heels, embellished and slouchy clutches as well as those gorgeous metal bar belts that have already made their way into many street style outfits.
Felder Felder
This collection was a mix of leather seperates, Floaty dresses, slouchy knits and sharp tailoring which shouldn't have worked but somehow it seemed to. With the colourscheme they mainly stuck to black and burgundy/oxblood which seems to be a trend every year with a few rich blues and golds here and there. It was difficult to choose just four looks as all of the outfits were consistently well put together and they had some great pieces that won't need any changes made to be worn by the masses. I particularly love the patent  trouser suit, which seems to be a trend among bloggers already and the lovely quilted leather pencil skirt.
Jonathan Saunders
This collection was a gorgeous mix of bright colours, elegant retro silhouettes and textured prints. All of the looks had a certain sex appeal which was offset by the unusual use of strong colours and textures. Leather and pvc were also used throughout the collection to emphasize the models bodies, alot of the looks were slightly too literal for me but do I love the idea of of leather and lace being in style again come winter. My particular favourites were the brightly coloured coats including this lovely rust coloured number and that gorgeous black and turquoise sweetheart neck strapless dress and the bottom part is exquisite.
Julien MacDonald
The thing I love about Julien MacDonalds catwalk collections is that he doesn't even try to pretend that he's designing clothes for everyday wear, he has high street diffusion lines for that, No, his collection is made specifically and apologetically for movie stars, popstars and red carpets. The collection was full of metallics and bodycon silhouettes as well as a number of dresses that wouldn't look out of place on strictly come dancing (apparently Julien's a big fan) such as the blue number above and although some may see them as tacky, I'm going to be honest it made me like the collection even more. I'm kind of programmed to love a bit of short, shiny and tacky and who honestly doesn't want to put on one of those dresses and pretend that they're Ola or Flavia? My favourite looks have to be the two metallic and floral patterned bodycon dresses and the gorgeous gold art deco style gown.
L'Wren Scott
L'wren Scott never fails to create gorgeous and elegant looks, this time around with what seemed to me as a nod to the eighties in the best possible way with sharp shouldered suits and incredible collars and silhouettes. Metallics were used throughout the whole collection to add an air of opulence to  every look. I love that ladylike looks seem to be coming back in fashion as it's a look I always adore wearing.
Temperly London
This was my favourite collection from LFW, I struggled to pick my favourite looks because I adore so many of them. Temperley London isn't a brand that I normally think to look at as over the past few years it hasn't been to my taste but that's all changed as this collection was a stunning mix of retro and feminine sihouettes, bold patterns and a little bit of old school elegance. It's a brand that's known for their gowns and they didn't disappoint, I particularly love the contast of the leather, eyecathing neckline and elegant skirt in the last look and I also loved the more casual outfits as they had a ladylike edge that I'm definitely going to be taking inspiration from this year.
Other Highlights
Christopher Kane, Felder Felder, Julien Macdonald, L'Wren Scott
House of Holland, Antonio Beradi, Preen, Preen
Giles, Antonio Beradi, Temperly London, Vivienne Westwood Red Label
Emilia Wickstead, Mario Schwab, Vivienne Westwood Red Label, Moschino Cheap and Chic

I'm loving the elegant and retro looks that all of the designers seemed to be going for this season, I can't wait for Autumn/Winter already.

What were your favourite looks from LFW? 
xx

1 comment:

I read and appreciate every one of your lovely comments, Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message and I will always try and reply to you :) x